If you don't attend CrossWay Church, and I haven't talked to you lately, this may be news. We are planting a church...30 minutes north of Charlotte in Mooresville, NC. And "we" (that would be Neal and I) are seriously considering going! (Imagine a manic smile here.) We haven't made our final decision yet, so we are still asking ourselves "Do WE just want to go, or is God calling us to go?" "Are we having faith or are we being foolish?" "Should we stay or should we go?" Those kinds of questions.So...I just wanted to throw that out there. Please be praying for us. Specifically, please pray God's favor on Neal as he has a job review next week (I think on the 14th.) We know God has provided for us since we have moved here (in SO MANY ways) and know that he will continue to give us what we need. But it sure would be nice to see (more) evidence of that at this next review! :) And then you could pray for us to just have faith. Plain ol' simple faith. No questions asked faith. No "God, if you're REALLY there, could you make the street light flicker?" kind of faith. (I actually did pray that one night as a tweenager...don't laugh...you know you've thought that before! If not, you must not be very curious.)
And if you're interested in more information about the church plant, here's CrossWay's website. There's a link right in the middle of the page.
Stay tuned! More to come!





10 comments:
I will definately be praying for you guys. It is such a life altering decision I pray you and Neil will have a feeling of peace and clear direction. I hope you all are doing well!
Liann, with each church plant we have gone on, we asked for a very specific word. we got it each time. Those words from God were the anchor we held to when things were hard and we wondered if we made a mistake. I will pray for you.
Happy 'late' birthday friend! Glad to see more posts.
One time my dad to us to get a puppy (w/out my mom knowing)... I qustioned whether he prayed about it or not... I was a bit nervous about what my mom would think. Anyway, he 'shot up' a quick prayer... "Lord, if you don't want us to get this puppy... write a sign in the sky". We looked out the windows... hmmm, no sign. I was so excited that the Lord 'spoke' to us!
Just reminded me of your lil street light prayer.
Jess...you always understand me. :) Miss you...
Hey Honey,
We've talked and am praying about this for you. There is nothing like news of a church plant to stir up your faith and draw you closer to the One who loves you the most. God is faithful and He will let you hear His voice amidst the voices of many. Hmmmm......I think He's flicking his Bic now....just kidding. Love you so,
Mom
Flicking his Bic? Is he lighting a candle or a cigarette!?! (Calm down everyone, I know God doesn't smoke...)
Maybe he smokes a pipe? He seems like the pipe smoking type.
How exciting, LiAnn! I will pray for clarity for you and Neil as you make this decision! : )
Juli M.
hEY FRIEND, jUST WANTED TO ACTUALLY THInk of time to si ann talk.... we couold just sit and talk....or not talk , like forever!
Im ooc j fykusEGFjsK drugs.,., , i ;LL REGROUP AND TALK WITH YOU SOON.
Woah Jess...that was trippy. :) Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment