This past weekend, Neal's parents were in town. We always have a great time with them...and the kids ALWAYS have the BEST time. We usually end up laughing all weekend about something the kids did. This time, we had a good laugh at Neal's expense.
Neal's Mom, Becky, and I were making dinner Saturday and the kids, Neal and "Big Neal" (Neal's Dad) were swarming around the kitchen like a bunch of vultures. So, in other words, there was chaos surrounding the food and its preparation. (One of my uncles used to imitate seagulls when this phenomenon would happen...usually there were 6 adults and 10 kids circling around...so it was appropriate.)
Anyway, it was getting late so we were just trying to get through the cooking...which is typically how it is when it's just me making dinner for our family. And usually, when it's just us, Neal will mozy on over, linger around asking obvious questions and then unnecessarily handle me...particularly the part of me I sit on. It's the reason he comes into the kitchen...he doesn't care about the food or when it will be done. He just wants to go in for a quick grab. It irritates me...especially when he taps or smacks it...because without fail, Olivia follows in her father's footsteps...and usually in public (like when we're at a cash register.) So, I've asked Neal on countless occassions to not grab or tap or smack or touch my butt...especially when I'm trying to get dinner on the table.
Wouldn't you know...that fateful evening...when the frenzy of dinner was getting ready and while I was ironically putting the rolls on the table...Neal went in for his typical trick...completely ignoring all previous requests on my part. Unfortunately for him, he failed to notice that I wasn't at the stove and mistakenly grabbed...HIS MOM'S BUTT!!! Tapped her like she was just coming off the football field ("Good game!") Ha! Serves him right!





9 comments:
Hey, maybe it'll teach him! I should get Dru's mom over here.
ROFL!
That is TOO funny! Oh my...
Oh my! That's HILARIOUS!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one THAT drives crazy!
Woah! haha. Great story.
BTW, I love Olivia's quote about a sister not sharing. Kinda gives you a look into her heart, eh? hehe
How funny! This is also something that irritates me to no end too!! Glad to know I am not alone.
Ted and I got a good laugh out of this. :-)
Ha ha ha ha, that is hilarious! Love you guys!
HA HA!! Oh Neal ...
Post a Comment